You plan is to open a gourmet coffee shop next to a college campus in Washington, DC. The hours of operation will be from 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on weekends. Initially, the coffee shop will have three (3) store managers and ten (10) coffee servers. Your local bank has preapproved your business loan based on your forecasted profit and loss statement and collateral. Before the bank will give final approval for the loan, the bank has requested that you provide them with two documents (Staffing Organizations Part 1 and Staffing Organizations Part 2) that explain how you plan to staff and manage the business for the next three years. Note: Staffing Organizations– Part 2 will be due in Week 8.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
1. Identify the type of employment relationship you would establish between the coffee shop and employees from a legal perspective. Explain your reasoning.
2. Suggest ways that you could avoid claims of disparate treatment.
3. Identify the type of external influences that could hinder staffing and how you would address them.
4. Create a plan that you can use to deal with employee shortages and surpluses.
5. Outline a strategy for workforce diversity.
6. Conduct a job requirements job analysis for the store managers and coffee servers in order to identify tasks, KSAOs, and context for those positions.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Develop a model for staffing an organization that supports the firm’s Human Resources Management strategy and sustains productive operations.
· Summarize the key legal compliance issues associated with staffing organizations.
· Explain the planning considerations for staffing organizations, the use of job analysis, and the components of a staffing plan.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in staffing organizations.
· Write clearly and concisely about staffing organizations using proper writing mechanics.